Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A message to anyone out there.

Hello to anyone out there reading this.

I certainly took my time to decide if I would keep on writing on this blog. I checked in tonight for the first time in a year. Anyway, I'm going to keep writing. Why? That's easy.

I sometimes just feel the need to put something out there. I'm not writing for anyone in particular, not even for myself. I just like to take a thought that is trapped in my head and to set it free without it disappearing forever.

Right now I am thinking about a trip that's coming up this weekend. I'm taking my eldest son to England to go and watch his (and my) favourite football team. It's not important which team we're going to see, what's important is that I'm bringing him to do something that I never had a chance to do when I was his age.

It kind of feels like a really important thing but I can't quite articulate why. The worst thing is that I'm pretty excited for him (and me) but he's kind of laid back about it. I suspect on the inside he is pretty excited but he doesn't tend to show it.

Anyway - that's on my mind today and will be right up until we leave on Friday afternoon.

That's all I'll write for now. I feel good that I have decided to give this another go. If there's anyone out there who has been dipping in to my blog over the years in the off chance that I am actively writing again - something switched back on in my mind this week and I just feel something pulling me back to the writing.. so here we are again.

No comments: