Thursday, March 19, 2020

It's difficult suddenly having all this time


Photo by form PxHere

I should feel positive about having all this time at home that I didn't expect. This Covid-19 problem that challenges the world suddenly means I have time for reading, watching videos I wanted to watch for ages, doing a few other things I never imagined I'd find time for.. and yet I'm grappling with a strange feeling of apathy and low motivation. Outside things are so quiet, except for an occasional passing car, and that's contributing to this sleepy, low energy feeling.

I'm going to try and create a frame for my day, to help me make sure that I do things that are worthwhile and move me forward. I'm using Day One journal app for that purpose and have created a template for each day that I can use and reflect on at the end of each day and each week. I think that will help.

I also need to be careful that I don't end up spending the entire day in front of the computer - that's not healthy either. 

OK, positive thoughts. I will go now and prepare dinner for the family. Little forward steps. Here I come.

No comments: