Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or treat. Well mostly treats to be honest



It's about 8:20 PM in the evening now and the steady flow of little kids dressed as monsters, psychopaths and Lady GaGa seems to have ended.

We had about 70 tiny visitors to the house this evening with varying degrees of effort on the costumes it has to be said. We had plenty of store-bought examples from Spider Man to Batman. We had the usual gaggle of princesses. We had death (grim reaper), victims of death (skeletons etc.) and various other forms of scary characters. We had a few Lady GaGa types, a few of what my wife said were "Nerd Chic" attempts and one character that looked like a kid in a number with a wooly hat and bad teeth.

Usually after all the kids have called on the various houses I venture out with my eldest boy to watch the fireworks. It's usually pretty decent to watch and draws a decent crowd. This year there was about 10 minutes of fireworks and very few people watching. The recession has started to well and truly bite in Ireland. I guess this year it's a straight choice between fireworks and eating. Maybe not that extreme.

Anyway I vainly brought the camera and once again took a bunch of really terrible photos. Maybe I should take a course. Once I get the kids to bed I will eat all their treats. Only joking! Happy Hallowe'en!

No comments: