Monday, May 26, 2008

Bruce in Dublin - the rain can't stop it



I was at the Bruce Springsteen concert in Dublin's RDS arena last night.

What can I say? The show was fantastic.

It was a kind-of last-minute decision to go having been offered some tickets by a friend who bought them ages ago and I am so glad that she offered and that I decided to go.

The show started around 8:30 in the evening and Bruce and the band played solid until about 11 o'clock. At 10:30 the stadium floodlights came on, a bit like the way the barman turns the lights up when he wants to throw you out on the street. In the end it didn't matter because the public kept on standing there chanting for more and the music kept on coming.

A great show and a great night.

Today I am wrecked.

I must be getting old. How's that for a statement of the bleeding obvious.

Review in the telegraph newspaper here.

No comments: